Thursday, January 5, 2017

First Day of Classes- New Social Media Accounts




I'd forgotten how good this show is...

I seem to be favoring Polish out of all the random video languages? Going back through it, let's see, French You Gotta Share, Croatian Mushroom Power (which appears to have been taken down now, sad,) French Pepper-Ann theme song, Swedish Nobody Else But You... and those are the only videos of random movie/television songs in foreign languages I seem to have ever posted up, actually. So French wins out; this is actually apparently the first video in Polish I've shared. What made me think- that's right, with Nobody Else But You I almost posted up the Polish version, but settled on the Swedish one instead. Well, I guess Polish gets its day in the limelight with this one. Yay.

Alright. Remember that one time I almost got a Twitter? This is like that. But for school. And it ends differently. Spoilers.

So in Business for the Professional Artist class, we're supposed to build and maintain a web presence, because that's how artists get got anymore. Each of us (and I'm sitting next to Mica, you know, the Webb, yeah they're in it with me, along with a few other familiar faces) has to post up some art of ours, at least one post each week onto social media, and using the hashtag #burrbiz (because it's a business class, and our instructor's name is Dan Burr.) The media platform in question, to post this work-of-art-a-week, could be Facebook or Instagram or whatever- I already have a Facebook, so you know what that means... time for me to get an Instagram!


I haven't posted up any, 'grams or whatever you'd call them, yet. Was going to, but Instagram's terms of use says not to put up any nudity or partial nudity, and maaan all the animals I draw go around without pants on all the time; I've got nothing. The art we post doesn't have to be recent or anything, or even of your declared field, or, anything, so I'll have something within the week. I've got years of personal art creation history to choose from, so yeah.

Meanwhile, also. In my Information Design class, the online one taught by Will Frohn, we need to post up our progress each week to a blog. I already have a blog, so that's convenient... guess that means it's time for me to get a WordPress!


I already do have a post there, which you can read. It explains in further depth my reasoning behind everything. I think I'm digging WordPress.

So anyway, in other news, also. You know how Brother Thomas is teaching my religion class this semester? Ryan has a Pearl of Great Price class this semester, and I'd inquired as to his instructor, but he didn't know the name off the top of his head. He had his first class of that today, though, and... well, you can probably guess. It's Brother Thomas! Isn't that great?

No comments:

Post a Comment