Monday, January 23, 2017

The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep

"Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost resonates with me. I mean, not that much, or anything, but, you know, it's a well composed enough poem, pretty tightly crafted, but of course it's the ending that summarizes everything:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


Obligations to get to. That's exactly it. I couldn't stay long (and how the snow was blowing,) but I still stopped to snap a few pictures (and I don't think I've needed to retouch a single photograph with this new camera, color balancing or value correction or anything I mean, and so far not even cropping.)

I'm finished(ish) with the project now, at least, anyway (https://pretzelizemecapn.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/module-3-project-1-finale-project-2/) and so we're onto something new. But I can rest now. So there.

1 comment: