Sunday, January 8, 2017

Night of the Living Social Media Accounts

With a third blog now, I made the first post in over half a year in my second blog. Figured it was time. I don't post to "a real thing." much, but the crazy thing is, there's so much to say there that I don't say, so many wild ideas that I have that always seem to fit perfectly somewhere into that little world. I never even got around to post the crazy ideas that were the whole reason why I made a post there today in the first place (the whole reason why, that is of course, besides that new-third-blog thing.) Didn't even come close to broaching the subject. The post just, wanted to be about something different.

That's pantsing for you...

So I'm trying to download the Instagram app, speaking of new accounts and all that, and it keeps telling me, this isn't the device associated with your email account associated with your Instagram. And I'm all, what? But there's a crazy story here, and it deals with not only my new social media accounts, but my old ones!

I realized today, yeah, that's right, it all goes back to the day I got this original blog in the first place. I got it because I had an email address I was forced to sign up for, making my dreams a reality from that blog-wise, yeah? And I got the email address, was forced to sign up for it, so I could join Facebook which I was also forced to sign up for. But that's not the whole story! Because I wasn't forced to sign up for those, so much as, I had them signed up for, for me. In other words, the device used to sign up for the email, used to sign up for Facebook, was not mine. It was the smartphone of some, friend I'm assuming, but I don't even remember which one. Just some guy...! He used that phone to sign me up for these things, that email and that email for that Facebook, and I used the Facebook to sign up for Instagram, and now that Instagram account is connected to that Facebook account is connected to that email account, both of which are connected to that device which isn't even mine, from half a decade ago!

So.

I could probably, like, fiddle with the diddlies, and change that, and it probably wouldn't be too difficult but I wouldn't know where to begin, and I don't think it matters much anyway because I can still use my Facebook to complete the assignments for which I got the Instagram in the first place. Looks like no 'gramming for me. At least, that is, no making posts. I can still follow people, though... James Gurney's supposed to have a pretty good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment