Thursday, November 22, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby

   Had my birthday a couple of days ago. Twenty-first, for those of you who still weren't paying attention. To reiterate: 21 on the 20. That fits. Had it been a day earlier, 21 on the 19. More symmetrical. In more ways than one, apparently; my father wanted me to have been born on 11/19/1991. Now that's symmetry.

   November 19, 1991 is also the day U2 came out with their landmark album Achtung Baby. If I had been born then, then I myself would have been one. An Achtung baby. Well, I still might be one. The day after still counts, though, right? It's within a day, so, yeah, I think we're safe, not even counting the time zones and everything.

u2.com
   So, yeah, 21. Awesome. I'm totally ready for a night on the town. Now that I'm legally old enough to drink, I think to celebrate let's go out and let's get everyone a round of, like, Shirley Temples or something. Woo. That's living large. Okay, maybe not that. Maybe, like, some Roy Rodgerses? That's, like, the male equivalent, right? Shirley Temples are for girls.

   Said the brony.

   ...Alright, fair enough. Shirley Temples it is then.

No comments:

Post a Comment