Friday, November 16, 2012

Why I'm Late (and Why I'd Be Early in the First Place)

   Ever since I learned that the warmest time for web traffic occurs around 8:30 a.m., I've posted at that time. People, waking up, grabbing a cup of beverage, (going to their jobs I guess? I don't know, what do people do?), checking on any updates at 8:30 in the morning. I guess. I don't know, I haven't really seen very much spike in web traffic since I became more regular in my updates but that's what they say. More regular in my updates. Still daily, but as close to 8:30 a.m. as I can make it. Power outages cutting out my internet connectivity prevented me from doing that today, but, ha ha, that doesn't mean no post today. I've got the entire rest of the day to post. Free to take my time. I'm doing both now. Still posting, still taking my time. Not that I have to, on either.

   But I guess I'm done stalling now. Ending the silence. I kind of liked it, though, is the thing. It was nice. I liked not having to do a post. It's much more fun not having to work than having to work. Which is why they invented retirement, as well as welfare fraud. Who cares if you're being a burden on society, you don't have to work, this is awesome! But that's exactly why I do force myself to post daily. Being faithful in a few things. Having a work ethic, as simple as this one may be. Making promises and learning follow-through.

   Follow-through. That's the problem with dreamers. Dreaming but never making anything a reality. You can still be an idealist. Just try not to flake. But I'm one to talk. (Is anyone still mad at me over the Collapse thing, where I dreamt up an idea but didn't follow-through by contacting one of the biggest modern rock acts and asking pretty please to have some of their music for free for our stupid little indie film? Or had you forgotten it and now I just reminded you? I'm still not sure about that. I don't know what Dave's idea was, or what he would have done. Maybe like cut me up or something. That guy's in the military, man (or at least he gets military discounts at Dairy Queen drive-through; I'm not sure what that would amount to in less practical terms. That thing where he lived through Katrina, that was because he was stationed there, right? I suppose now with Sandy that's topical again. Dang I wonder what's going on with that right now. I guess it goes to show how cut off I am. Not that I was anything but a glorified intern.) But, no, not Dave. But still this just came out of left field. I suppose I could have been a little more involved with music direction to make that less so. And at least now I'm into woulda coulda shoulda instead of making more excuses.)

   But, hey, I've eaten more Twinkies today than I think ever before. That's something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment