Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Re: SWAT Kats Petition

   Maybe I spoke too soon. There is a petition that came out (yesterday, after I had said that this isn't a petition, so maybe not,) but I'm alright with it because that's really only in coordination with the official Tremblay-brothers bits, and is not some independent kid-from-his-garage thing. The petition and the names thereon simply are meant to signify that there's quite a widespread group of people who are interested in seeing SWAT Kats return. In case any major studios (namely, Warner Brothers) are interested in picking it back up, they know they'll have a built-in fanbase.

   There's no contractual obligation to WB there by the Tremblay brothers, but, I suppose the new show is going to need some producer/distributor, so why not the original network. I would prefer not to have Turner involved in the revival since they're the ones who screwed it over in the first place, so there's that. And I had thought that SWAT Kats was being resuscitated anyway, regardless of whether WB carries it or not? Hmm, maybe that could be a question for the IAmA tomorrow.

   This could go nowhere, but that's the news I'm obligated to report. You can check it out for yourself, here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/time-warner-inc-get-new-episodes-of-the-swat-kats-produced

   Also, keep your eye peeled for the SWAT Kats Revival Podcast, which I'm telling you about now so that I don't have to take the time out to report on it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment