Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Radical News

   Sweet, sweet, sweet, exciting news. You know how just a few days ago I told you about how the SWAT Kats fandom is still healthy after all these years off the air? I might have been wrong about that. Not about its health, I mean, but about how SWAT Kats has been off the air. Well, it has been off the air, too, so not that either. I guess it's both of those combined. It's healthy, in spite of being four years off the air.

   Ha ha, no, wait. Not four years. I'm not sure where I got the number four, it just flowed out of my fingers. Freudian typo. I think it's from the presidential term length, as, in between composing this post, I was just reading some old posts of mine that I never got around to publishing and that now I can't post because the election season's over and they're old news. Four years, yeah, right. (Obama's been president for four years now. That's, like, several lifetimes internet time. So far. I don't know. The internet's slowing down, right?) 

   Anyway, no, it's been far longer than four years. It's been, what, seventeen years now? Seventeen years. Wow, has it been that long. Thirteen more years since Obama's been in office. But! It's healthy, the SWAT Kats fandom, in spite of the show being seventeen years off the air. That healthiness transpired to be a good thing. (Looks like the Big Bird thing didn't pan out (whatever that even was in the first place.)) I had done all my research on the SWAT Kats fandom previously, and wasn't really in a position to know any of the latest news on that front when Bro... Pony? was published. But, boy was the latest news exciting.

   Yeah, you can probably guess what the news is, from all of that. Even if you hadn't already heard the news, you probably could have guessed. After seventeen years off the air, they're trying to bring it back. Officially, I mean, trying to bring it back. This isn't some kid drafting up petitions out of his garage. (I love how you can get as political as you want on Facebook and have absolutely no one call you out on it. It's a place for friends (no, wait... that's... some other thing,) so even if you disagree with someone you still see them as a person I guess?) It's the actual creators of the show, those with the actual rights to it. The only question (besides when) is how.

   There was a Reddit IAmA last night 10:00 Eastern time, here, discussing possible plans, but (luckily?) SWAT Kats co-creator Christian Tremblay is sort of new to the whole Reddit thing and had some technically difficulties with it (again- he couldn't even figure out how to show up for the first planned IAmA,) so they broke it off prematurely in order for him to maybe gain some practice with it and not waste so much time fiddling around trying to figure everything out like he did the first two times (the first one time?) (Is it irony or destiny that Obama used Romney's "47% of the population wouldn't vote for me" dig as almost a guarantee that 47% of the population wouldn't vote for him?) This lack of Reddit prowess is, like I said, a blessing in disguise, because now they're doing a second 90-minute IAmA this coming Thursday at 10:00 Eastern, which I can report in time for you to experience live. That's twice the SWAT Kats goodness. And, you know, hopefully you can check this one out in time.

   Isn't it great that whenever I'm late reporting for something like this, it doesn't matter because something goes wrong anyway? (see: the Chicon 7 live feed thing.) They're doing a Kickstarter sometime... soonish, to get funding for whatever it is they decide to end up doing. Really, if you've got any other questions on it, just check out the IAmA.


No comments:

Post a Comment