Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Finals Mostly Over... Mostly

Whaaaat is wrong with me; I am so used to not going without sleep... I really both want to, and do not want to, pull an all-nighter... Let's go over all the classes I've got again, and see where I stand in relation to the finals- because I honestly can't remember myself. Um, temporal order, I guess?

Monday-Wednesday-(Friday) classes:

Mesoamerican Art- No class tomorrow; it's over with. Though I need to email the professor about, well his aide absolutely vanished on him, who was going to grade a bunch of papers, so included in that are my movie reviews... so he says to email him if there are any assignments he hasn't graded yet, especially those ones. I may also want to bring up other stuff too, like how he promised extra credit over some misunderstanding (the syllabus was worded misleadingly regarding how many points board games are worth- they're worth more if you play them with fellow students in the class, but it sounded like you get extra points just generally for having more players, so he promised to bump multi-player game points up a little bit if we email him. Plus I've got a couple more questions about that, like, why'd I only get 7 points when it's out of like 25 and not 10, and especially with that and how it was turned in before the early bird special deadline.)

Foundations of the Restoration- the class contribution doc's been turned in; the knowledge survey's been taken. Do the readings for tomorrow, and show up to class.

Animation (Linear)- there's a final project due at 2:00, as class begins. I made a lot of headway into it today, should have it finished by class then. It's like this, animation, thing... how do I explain it...

Alright. Remember this? 2013 Dodge Ram Super Bowl spot, Paul Harvey "God Made a Farmer," two minutes long because that's how Chrysler Group do?


Those are all still photographs, extruded into space so that the camera could do fancy things around them- it's subtle, but if you watch it fast-forward, you can totally tell there's a parallax effect. (Ready for the twist ending? Apparently the guy who teaches the class (Tim Howe) is the one who did all that, like, that commercial, he's the one who made it (for Digital Kitchen, for the Richards Group, for Dodge, for Chrysler.) Won, a few awards, for it, and probably made a billion dollars, I don't know, it's a pretty big one.)

What we're doing isn't quite as fancy as that, but we're also supposed to have cool transition effects, using luma masks and all (black and white imagery, such as a white cloud against a black background, is made so that the black part shows one scene and the white part shows another; you can use this to transition, like if the cloud comes in and the white covers the black, kind of deal.)

Tuesday-Thursday class:
Business for the Professional Artist- ended today. I spent most of my time today doing stuff for this- have my first t-shirt printed. Did not come out as planned. And I've "sold" my first two shirts (sold in scare quotes because the money is not going to me of course.) Still need to, design, and, everything, but they've been ordered! By the end of the semester! So... basically, if I'd actually been posting on social media all this time, I would now be complete with all the assignments that that class had.

They never did ask me how many views I got on my video...

Online Class:
Information design? Hoo boy... this is why I want to maybe pull an all-nighter... I do not want to talk about it...

1 comment: