Friday, April 28, 2017

Minutes and Seconds

Today was, well not much happened really but there's a lot to write about. But I'd been going to go to bed a couple of hours ago, till I decided I'd done so much travelling today I might as well go for a Trail Shoe badge on Fitbit- that's having taken 3,000+ steps in a day. And I got it.

Here's just a breakdown, in lieu of a report of what the heck happened today, of approximately how far I wandered geographically, today; I estimated my extremis and found their latitudes/longitudes. So here you go:

furthest north 43°50'16.9"N
furthest south 43°42'59.7"N
furthest east 111°45'22.4"W
furthest west 111°49'05.5"W

(N/S total distance 7'57.2" (and remember, the length of one minute of latitude is one nautical mile, or 1.151 miles); E/W total distance 3'83.1" (the length of one minute of longitude varies depending on latitude, but it's set at one mile at the equator.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment