Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Timebiding

5 classes this semester:

  1. Interaction design
  2. monotype and monoprint
  3. New Testament
  4. Figure Drawing
  5. Information design again
I'm taking a New Testament class even though I'm good on religion credits, I've taken all of them I need, because I believe I heard something once about, man I don't know, having at least one religion class a semester, or something? Felt like a good idea, at least.

Also it gave me the two credits I needed to have me be taking 14 credits this semester. Though I already received my pell grant for the year, all of it, you need to have 14 credits in order to get it. So it seemed like the good/not illegal thing to do. Guess they just trusted me to do that.

I am hecka trying to stall, though. The pragmatic reason for that being, I'm only now getting kinda a little good at graphic design, and I need to be that (that is, good, and more than kinda a little) in order to have a good portfolio, which I want so that I can apply for and get into a BFA program, bumping up my Bachelor's to a Bachelor's of Fine Art; I want that because
  1. it's just better
  2. BFAs are designed for students without minors, which is me, because my general studies courses have all been transfer credited, and all I need to do is take art courses which does leave me with just art classes to take.
There are also multiple non-pragmatic reasons for stalling as well. Still not sure if stalling is the right thing to do... I'm running out of courses I can reasonably take; after this semester all I'd really need to do is to, well I'd have to check but the last major thing would be to find an internship, though there may be a few classes here and/or there that I'd need to pass, maybe. At least after this semester I have no classes for the rest of the year, being on a winter/spring track...

No comments:

Post a Comment