Thursday, April 20, 2017

Printing Plans, One Week Into the Semester

No classes on Friday means my weekend begins now. Thus passes week one. Paying my tuition, and checking that, I've still got a few hundred left after it, to spend on... printing stuff. Surfaces on which to print, are a big one. Got a few rag papers from monoprint class (fiber made of cotton instead of wood)- nice stuff; we get our paper at wholesale prices, which is really good. But, tees too, need those, in many sizes and colors.

You've seen the this, right? I mean, I can't proceed if you don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm going to be mentioning stuff from my latest vlog now. 


Plus I like the hits.

Alright. I can talk about it.

BLFC taking place during, not just midterms, but hecka midterms, I think it'd be wisest to hold on that another year. Booths are only going to get even more expensive, but between everything and transportation, and the cost of my promotional strategy business model (free water bottles for everyone! boutique regional sodas being sold at a loss!), I'm pretty chill with that- it really would/does represent a major investment. Maybe I'd even get electricity at my booth; that'd be highfalutin. Meanwhile, proceeds still going to charity, and probably remaining that way for a good year or so to come, man who cares about being in the red, it's nice and cool here in the black.

There's still a good goal to work to there- I've got a few designs, for both serigraphic and silkscreen prints (no technical difference, but colloquially one refers to fine art printing and the other to printing on t-shirts and the like.) It'd be good to have inventory, and I was thinking, 10 of each t-shirt by June, just to have, with the fine art prints... well, there's a lot to be determined with those, such as dimensions and edition size; we're testing out paper first now of course.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are putting off joining the BLFC. BTW, Brent came by and gave me $30 for his purchase.

    ReplyDelete