Friday, April 14, 2017

I'm Not a Magical T-Shirt Making Wizard, But I Play One on TV


Actually getting round to printing anything today, just a test print at first on some newsprint I've got, lo! and behold!... no ink went through the screen. The screen I've got emulsed, I under-developed it when it came time to expose it to light (really I'm not sure how familiar anyone is with the process, but I've explained it in brief before,) which means that the light that got through didn't go through all the way, and there were at least no pockmarks or imperfections in the print that would need to be stopped out, because there was no print. The screen was airtight, much more inktight. 

But I think I found a comfortable workflow- it's certainly not rushing the printing like mad (although, not having officially done the printing, that might still be alright) but I mean, not making the prints but working on them like mad- degreasing the screens and emulsing them and drying them in a darkroom and exposing them and washing them out and squeegeeing ink through- that's not something I'd rush. Working on it a little bit every day is something I'm totally fine with, though. Some every day, not like mad, but like consistent. And as for printing, cranking out prints, there's still the weekends in the semester.

I'm still pretty inadequate with everything, but I enjoy doing it and it feels good and I'm still seriously considering getting a BLFC booth even though this week didn't turn out remotely (alright, remotely) as planned.

There's still tomorrow, also...

No comments:

Post a Comment