Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I Spin My Wheels Wildly Speculating About Spider-Man, and Have a Blast Doing So

Deadpool's Daily keeps me coming back every morning to play Marvel Puzzle Quest. I completed the gauntlet this morning, but double-checking today it turns out there's an update available, the unskippable kind (sometimes it allows you to put off updating your MPQ version until your next login, but not this time.) Doubtless it's Spider-Man: Homecoming related, so I didn't tap the link to the app store- but come (26 hours as I write this, 19 hours from the time this post goes up) it won't matter anymore. I'll be able to get my Deadpool's Daily in tomorrow, just before going to sleep instead of after waking up.

By next post, I'll have seen Spider-Man! Exciting!

People have probably speculated on plot details and stuff, before the trailers and everything started coming out, but then the trailers came out and probably a lot of the questions went away. Me, I've never seen a trailer (for this movie,) so I've still got lots of questions. And a lot of speculation.

It's in New York. What else is in New York? Squirrel Girl. Iron Man's in this movie; Squirrel Girl was introduced in an Iron Man comic. Fighting Doctor Doom. Could Doom be the bad guy here? Or is Fox actually holding onto the possibility that they'll be able to do anything interesting with the FF and related properties? Why haven't any of them fought any Skrulls yet? IDK.

(The movie rights to Skrulls are owned by both Fox and Marvel Studios. In the MCU, Skrulls go by their Ultimates name, the Chitauri. In the Fantastic Four films... I don't know, there may have been a vague allusion to them at one point? Come on, guys, just go with that!)

Probably not, anyway.

What else else is in New York? The Defenders. The actors' contracts specify that they're required to appear in any films if called on. Expecting at least a cameo/allusion to them, if nothing else. It's high time that the TV shows get mentioned in the films more. At least a little bit. Please?

What else else else is in New York? Last time Hulk was in New York, he broke Harlem. We saw the Leader's origin as a potential sequel hook, but nothing came of it... so far. Spider-Man facing down a Hulk villain? Probably not, either.

I maintain how awesome it would be if it were Kraven.

Um what else what else what else.

There was a Spider-Man reference in Ant-Man. In Civil War, Spider-Man's origin was IIRC stated to be "a few months ago," whatever that means. When does Homecoming take place? During the school year, presumably, so it's not going to be a 1:1 "present day" scenario, it being a summer release. Maybe it takes place later on this year, but I think most likely it's going to begin sometime not long after Civil War. Guardians vol 2 takes place just a few months after the first film after all. (Although it would be cool to begin in medias res with Spider-Man and Iron Man as a team, and having been that way for a while.)

I said I think it's going to begin right after Civil War... not take place right after Civil War. Because how gnarly would it be for this movie to take place over the entire school year? Way gnarly.

Whatever, I'm fatigued. It's Christmas been coming for 13 months now, and I'm pooping out 19 hours before it finally arrives. Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment