Friday, July 14, 2017

Two Finals(?) Down

All I've eaten all day is: like some scrapings of what was once a taco probably, several handfuls of Shredded Wheat: Wheat and Bran, and a doughnut. It continues to be nobody's burthday, but it also continues to be finals.

Spent all day more or less finishing up my "Mentalities" final project for Information Design. It's over. It's all over. (Though actually at press time I've yet to upload the final images after receiving feedback on them. They are in my process book though so the teacher does have them- just not organized in any coherent way is all, the individual graphics minus the copy. The copy I will also be uploading.)


https://pretzelizemecapn.wordpress.com/2017/07/15/mentalities/

Meanwhile I also had my final portfolio review for figure drawing. As an illustration major, my work would have been about a C; as a graphic design major, which I still am so he's going lenient on me, he gave me a B-. Or B+. Whichever. Can't recall. The advice given is more important than the grade itself.

He did tell me that I have promise. And that it's the best illustrators, the toppity notch ones, whose work is grounded by not just illustration skill but design skill. He could tell that I was searching for form and not just shape, like a lot of graphic designers do, focusing just on the 2D layout. I had the design pretty well, but what I lacked was application- personal application that is. He could tell that I never sat down with a, "okay, we're going to be really working on figuring out specifically how to do core shadow well." It's true, and it's typical of me. Application. Gotta learn to buckle down on, like, anything.

So yeah now all's left is the interaction design stuff. Nice. Due Monday midnight... but there's a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment