Sunday, August 20, 2017

Indian Blue Dogs

I guess we're all going to bed early tonight! The total eclipse is during the 11:00s here, so nobody wants to sleep in too hard, 'specially since the action begins well before that.

I've got a question, though-- like is the sun brighter during the eclipse or what, or why shouldn't we be looking directly at it? I've spent probably hours, in total, staring into the sun in my life, and the only thing wrong with my eyesight was caused from reading too much. But here we are with survivors of previous eclipses who, like, caught two seconds of a partially eclipsed sun out of the corner of their eye and now have corneas or something? It's weird. And I just now realized what "cornea" means, so, like, by that I mean they damaged them or something.

Brown eyes. Loads of melanin. Not very sensitive. Ha.

I don't even plan on looking that way, though- digital camera screens an' stuff. The real interesting part'll be with the rest of the sky. The apartment is next door to this- I mean apparently they were British scientists the whole time, staying there, which we found out petitioning the nearby places to see who all wanted curry, and they wanted some but were busy at the moment but showed up later, but anyway- they said that you definitely want a good view of the horizon during the eclipse, so interesting things are going to be happening there.

The total time of the totality is, IIRC, 2 min 17 seconds, which is just about exactly how long it takes to sing "Beyond the Evening Star." I ain't even looking at the eclipse, the whole thing. Instead, I'll be making a real-time music video! Singing into the camera and all that, with the eclipse behind me.

Also... blue-dyed dogs found in India? The tinting is not, disappointingly, due to India ink.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/blue-dye-dogs-india-mumbai-video-spd/

No comments:

Post a Comment