Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Plans & Waiting &c

So things don't always go the way you plan them, and that's good sometimes and bad sometimes but interesting all the times. I don't think (and it stands to reason that, and so for all I know the objective reality is) that I'm bad at planning. Or, rather, that I can't plan. Backup plans... euum, not so much.

Because it's hardly like I need a backup plan, right? It's sort of a chess game, or a whatever it was in ID4 with the nonsensical chess game analogue. I've made my move and put my pieces into place. And then feel as though the universe owes me to make its move in return... which is never the case.

I've been keenly cognizant of how much of my life has been spent waiting, ever since at least high school and possibly before that. But it's never occurred to me till the writing of these words that maybe I could put more pieces into play as long as the universe is being too stupid to get back to me with its countermoves immediately.

Though of course, a lot of the times the waiting I do, is until I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment