Thursday, August 3, 2017

Some Common Khans

So having Netflix here has seriously allowed me to catch up on my Bollywood quota. Still a few flicks from the creators of some of my favorites, which aren't offered via Netflix so I may have to track down renting over some, streaming rental service or other:

Need to watch Main Hoon Nah- written and directed by Farah Khan, the same woman who did Om Shanti Om and Happy New Year. Also starring Shah Rukh Khan like those other two. Yay.

Also need to watch the Munna Bhai films- written and directed by Rajkumar Hirani, same dude who did PK and 3 Idiots. Not starring Aamir Khan like those other two (sad, I love that guy.) But which are supposed to be really good anyway (both are in the top 100 Indian films of all time list on IMDb.)

I'd also like to catch Kal Ho Naa Ho at some point ever, since the only Saif Ali Khan movies I've seen are none of them, except he does voice Romeo in Roadside Romeo so there's that I guess that counts, and he also cameoed in the Deewangi Deewangi number in Om Shanti Om, alongside like everyone. That one's supposed to be way good. Plus it's also got SRK. Mmm, King Khan...

(...I mention 4 different Khans up there: though Bollywood does have some dynasties, I'm like 85% sure none of these Khans are related even indirectly. Some names are just surprisingly common.)

No comments:

Post a Comment