Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Schoolwork as a Metaphor for Creativity or Vice Versa

My first semester was fine. Things gradually slipped downhill. I was wondering if my classes were just getting harder and harder, like, the level of difficulty ascends in relation to the number of workshop classes I'm taking, or what, and there might be a correlation in terms of how poorly I do in those classes, with workshop classes taking so much precedence and having so much weight that I stress over those? 

But no, I think even then the problem dealt more directly with- I'd have to analyze it more thoroughly, but I think though there's correlation of course with progress in school and advancedness of courses, there are plenty of other factors in play. 

Like, maybe I was already dissatisfied with graphic design and so I didn't do my best work, or only did the minimum expected of me? But I realized today, doing just the minimum expected of you is how things like Pirates of the Caribbean 5 happen...! 

I enjoyed it ish while I was watching it, and the first half or so actually really is worth watching, but getting distance on it, well I was underwhelmed even in theater. And the Mummy, I mean I still like it, but that climax really could have been more, I was disappointed in it while I was watching it. Same with Dead Men Tell No Tales. Climax was lackluster. 

Franchises only run on fumes when the creators are tired; nothing needs to be hackneyed. Let's say, playing it safe: creators don't need to be tired, but in playing it safe, returns guaranteed, just for the money and probably not for the art but who am I to say, that's when you're doing the minimum required of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment