Saturday, August 5, 2017

Netflix Shows I'd Said I'd See

Series of Unfortunate Events was, well it wasn't way good, but I think it's solidly worth a rewatch, which is saying something. I've grown less enamored of the medium of television, ever since some of the shows that were supposed to be really good and groundbreaking, by the time I got to them, turned out to be... just television. (Litmus, which doesn't always occur but when it does you know for sure: if you get interrupted in the middle of something, is it worth it picking it back up again?)

Stranger Things I got maybe 10 minutes into. Not impressed. Of course, I started on the season finale accidentally, not invested in any of the characters or anything, due to the Netflix "start from the beginning" button after the finished eighth episode it started me out on, starting me from the beginning of that episode instead of from the beginning of the whole show (oops,) and, well starting from the season finale is what ruined day 5 of 24 for me. Some things are a lot more enjoyable in context, but... bad acting is bad acting. Maybe I'll try again at some future date.

Shoot, never got around to Buddy Thunderstruck like I'd meant to.

So the My Little Pony movie's getting a PG rating off of a Y-rated TV show; "some mild violence" what's up with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment