Monday, September 25, 2017

Cashstrapped Again

The idea behind getting my webcomic up by the time Justice League rolls around, or at least the idea why I'm working so hard on it, is because that kind of thing can get you support over Patreon and ad revenue and everything. Kay though, what I really need is a job right now. I'm hemorrhaging savings money slowly but surely; the plasma money is paying for groceries and expenses but not for rent and subscriptions, and even without those I still need money to pay for the inevitable art history trip.

Also last night I calculated how much tithing I need to pay (since I wasn't paying tithing there for a while since I paid tithing on Pell grant money which isn't how that works) and by the end of the month it'll be $190. I'll make it work.

I'm kind of desperate, maybe even suicidally so-- nothing much left to lose, as 1) my entire career as a printmaker now consists of 100% experience and 0% portfolio, 2) I may never see my ladyboo crushfriend again, and 3) I think it may be too late to tuck into a class this semester, even though that's only going to be more expensive for me in the end. 

I said "suicidally;" I'm not sure if I've been depressed or what, but it flits into mania too many times for that, and I'm flirting with the idea that I may have some form of bipolarism or something... (I think I read something in a book on the subject about the episodes being so closely packed together, but I can't remember what that means... IIRC something about being more common in teenagers?)

I also said "desperate." How desperate? Well, a couple of things today. For one, I emailed McKenna admitting that I like her. That's pretty gutsy, but not nearly as gutsy as, applying for a job at a call center...

I kid, of course; not about applying but about the idea that it'd be that terrible a job. I've already applied to a different call center before, I've mentioned in passing, and like I said they never got back to me. Neither has the one I applied to today, even though they should have by now. I did man the desk at the FamilySearch center in the JSMB basement, and there were calls involved there; do I have that on my resume...? Perhaps none of my skills are workable?

So here's hoping that working on an indie student film pays, um, anything at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment