Sunday, September 10, 2017

Fall Semester Plans Woooo

I've decided it would be in my imminent best interest to keep on my winter/spring track, that is, not take that class this semester. Which is what I would have done anyway and everything, had I known I'd be fine not switching majors or adding anything; still, insecurity has been doing its damnedest to bring me down, lately (you're allowed to say damnedest, right?)... 


Which leaves me with an open, self-directed itinerary for the rest of the year. I've applied for jobs but none of them have even gotten back to me, meanwhile... 

The Justice League movie is coming out in, 68 days. Remember, that was my deadline for having a webcomic out (Thespis in this case doesn't count; it was specifically supposed to be Other//half.) I'm developing a timetable of development, basically a schedule for myself to have everything in place in time for launch. 

I think I've been doing my artistic skills a disservice, drawing-wise. I've been downplaying my abilities there; I'm weak in parts and strong in parts and the growing recognition of which is which is allowing me to grow into my unique eclectic style. 

There was a female art student who spoke at church today, who went on the European art tour last year-ish, in much the same way I'm not doing that this semester. They'd said she'd been too late to apply, or something, but she managed to get in anyway because she'd been fated to take that trip, but then she was left needing to pay for it, and so she buckled down and painted stuff and sold her art and managed to make money off of it.

I think my resume is plenty marketable, but, seriously, not even responding to any of my applications, I don't know what these people want. Who needs a day job though, right...?

No comments:

Post a Comment