Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Strange Major Lack-of-Change

So. Not doing the 24 hour comic right now either. Remembered/was reminded in time, that there's the white glove clean check tomorrow, and I need to spend this 24-hour period cleaning the apartment. One appointment or another shoots down my plans for the rest of the week from now on too. Was going to the degree counseling office worth it? Let me tell you.

What needs to be taken yet is this: two credits from a list of given classes (with the chosen class for me to take being three credits, so that's no problem,) and an internship or travel study in the arts program. We chose the travel thing; the internship is only mandatory for BFAs which I'm not getting, not this time. There's also a Portfolio Capstone class, but that's not actually required until students of fall of 2018; my stuff should be finished by then so I get a by on that. Leaving just the travel and the class.

We already looked into the travel study thing, and being gone like that would take a full half semester up, or at least with the one we looked at (going to Europe!) We set that for its own semester, next year, while this semester is when I take the chosen class Devon recommended me. 

It's, it's got a waitlist of 3 people, but usually those things clear up within a week of the semester's start.

Of course, it is my offtrack this semester, though, and I'm wondering if it'd be better not to have that class until later when I'm on-track. Though this semester might be the only track they're offering it, in the falls, and it does look pretty fun? It being my offtrack I am technically blocked/locked from signing up for any classes (I can see the courses being offered, but there's no checkbox next to them for me to add any.) I'd have to take it up with the office again, and as long as I'm doing that I may as well ask about the efficacy of getting that credit in now vs later in the first place.

So maybe I won't be beginning any classes next week, maybe, and I'd be able to do that 24 hour comic sometime soon after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment