Wednesday, September 13, 2017

John Cleaver 5

Went up to the big city today (the role of the big city in this part of the world being played by Idaho Falls.) There was a, thing, and then also a place, but anyway none of that matters other than I was invited to go with. It's been more than a year since I've been to Hastings so I said yes.

According to his phone's GPS's Google though, the Hastings there is permanently closed.

You could see it from the outside, as we passed on the way to the "also a place," and it didn't look like it had burned down. Maybe only on the inside? I don't know. Could still go other places, like to the Barnes and Noble, where I picked up Dan Wells's latest John Cleaver book, OVER YOUR DEAD BODY. I'm 61 pages into it, at the chapter break (can't remember the chapter number but I remember the page number, go figure) and... dang. Just dang. Have I told you how good these books are? Like there's this huge twist (which is spoiled on the back cover, I mean it is only chapter 4 or whatever, and besides you would've been able to guess that it would happen just thinking about the scenario the characters are all in) but it's the juiciest most dramatic most amazing thing and I honestly have no idea what's going to happen next and ohhh it's just so good those are such good books I mean you think the first one is good but the second one is even better and the third one is better than that and the fourth one is pretty good kinda rough at the start since there's a time skip between the two trilogies and you need to be caught up but once you are the fourth one is even better than the third, but the fifth one... I have no idea how the sixth one is going to top it. I just, I just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment