Sunday, September 24, 2017

Space, Dogs?

Discovered the cinematic oeuvre of Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky. It's probably even weirder and more meditative than that of Terrence Mallick's. It's like, "oh, you think that 2001: A Space Odyssey is super long confusing and slow-paced? Yes. Yes it is." And then don't even bring up Solaris.

The 2002 version was directed by Steven Soderbergh, though, how did I even miss that...? (2002 film of the Stanislaw Lem novel Solaris, that is; there's no 2002: A Space Odyssey.)

So I'm not sure when the cutoff add/drop new courses date is, anyway; we're two weeks into the semester and I'm considering just getting school out of the way (not least considering that going just off of savings, I can't afford renting an apartment forever.) Not sure I know what I'd do after graduation, though- actually, there was that potential hookup to get a job at Laika (!!), which I'd always put out of my mind (though kept in my plans) because I always figured graduation was something I'd do far far later.

EDIT: And I realize after posting that the title of the post may be misleading since I talk about space and a dog in space but not actually dogs, especially when the Isle of Dogs trailer is out and it's something I'd maybe post on. But I totally haven't seen it. Maybe I'm trying to recreate a Spider-Man: Homecoming. Or maybe I was, but now I grow increasingly curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment