Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fresh(er) Look

Alright, tonight. Tonight is the night I'm prepped to pull an all-nighter. Last night I'd said I'd do it, but that only lasted maybe 15 minutes before I just attempted sleep- first on the couch, then on the floor of the bedroom.

Moved today. Kinda sorta. Nobody's moving into the old apartment, with its renovation this summer, so it's not too much of a rush at all to transfer stuff over. The bed's cleared-ish off, but it's still there, the sheets and blankets untransferred as of yet to the new apartment upstairs. But we've officially, handed in the old keys this morning, received new ones this afternoon, all that (the apartments aren't the only thing changing this summer; the apartment complex itself transferred to new management at noon, so we had to wait till after then to get the keys to the new place.)

I'm experimenting with wider widths for these posts. I like it so far; I browsed through a few of the old posts and found them far easier to read. Hold on, how was that screenshot that I'd placed on my graphic design portfolio last semester?


Darker, more cramped, with less value contrast. Yeah, this new design is much less embarrassing. Though I'd really like to bump up the leading half a pica. Have no idea how to do that on this platform though.


Click to make 'em full screen and toggle back and forth to note the differences. The headers are easier to read. The link color, though still red, isn't quite the "broken link" tint any more. If the body copy on the new template looks slightly lighter, it's because it is- the template uses the same font style for the body copy as some of the sidebar text, and so I sacrificed a little value contrast in the body to gain a lot of value contrast in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment