Thursday, July 28, 2016

We're Out of Mushroom Power

The "correct" music video to post here would be "The Old Apartment" by Barenaked Ladies, but man whatever.



I've been transferring things veeery slooowly to the new apartment. Day before yesterday brought over my mattress protector, yesterday my fitted sheet, today probably would have been blankets anyway. Didn't bring the cover and sheets "over" actually as much as up from the laundry room after washing them. My non-lauderable blankets just stayed in the old bedroom folded up neatly on the floor. Along with a lot of stuff that had been yet to be transferred to the new apartment. And loads of stuff in the fridge too; people just gave Ryan, like, all their foods, which we just kept in the old fridge (the stuff's transferred now, and that thing is pretty packed. I went to go grocery shopping this evening but bought nothing, because, not only do I not have much money, but also where would I put the food that I bought? (All I've had to eat today is, the remainder of the popcorn from yesterday, a little yogurt, 5 pepperoni slices (like slices of the pepperoni itself, not 5 slices of pizza) and free samples from the store. And I guess some frozen fruit I put into my water bottle as ice. (Was I not that hungry? No, I was pretty hungry. Just didn't feel like eating I guess. I do have things to eat, so it wasn't that. I'm good now.)))

I woke up before 7:00 this morning, did maaan whatever, for maaan however long, but it was still pretty early in the morning next I checked, and I was tired, but dressed, so instead of going through the trouble of getting back into my pjs and crawling back into the blanketless bed, I went down to the old apartment mushroom power, from now on; that phrase is "mushroom power." So I went down to mushroom power, spread out the blankets of the floor, got under those, maaan no pillow, but I made do with like the wall I guess.

And then company arrives...

I explain the story, how since there's nobody living in mushroom power during the summer we were allowed to take our time moving out, and how I was taking a nap in the middle of the day, because I was tired.

And I know now what it must have looked like instead: that I was living in apartment 4 still, and that I was sleeping in instead of napping like I claimed, because apparently 9:00 a.m. is a little early to be taking a midday nap.

So she doesn't believe me. Aaaaegh man I don't want to have to recreate the conversation for you; basically though I was still tired and thus not on my best navigation-of-social-interaction game, and things were off to a bad start and it was one of those situations where you tell the truth but they don't believe it and any further truth you tell just digs you further down the hole like a clam or something and so the best thing you can do is keep your trap shut--and bottom line, at the end, more or less, move out from mushroom power by 5:00, with everything white-glove recleaned (because I'd clearly been living there the whole week and thus things needed to be cleaned again?) or else I, basically, get kicked out of the apartment complex or whatever?

So yeah that was pretty weird.

We're all the way out of mushroom power now, is the good (?) news.

It's actually a good thing that I took that nap where and when I did. Can't think what would have happened to all our stuff if they just walked in on it still being half there and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment