Saturday, July 9, 2016

I Am So Ready for this Semester to be Done

Things happened today. The workshop showcase of the semester. Comic Book Workshop's superhero movie (once again, it's just Alaire and me and one other person (Mica this time; Jimmy's still in Alaska.)) Speaking of Mica, no Mutants and Masterminds session today; there will be one next week though, pretty sure. I worked on homework, and animation, and my first crack at ceramics in over a year,

I could talk about any of those things, but I think I'll just show a Markiplier video instead for some reason:


I just saw that, and I thought, oh my gosh, tame collars. Not the first time I've had this line of thought; I guess I'll just never be able to view shock collars the same way again. And I can always view things the same way again!

...

Okay, a few random Zootopia thoughts then, three of 'em, which I only realized today and am posting here instead of in any rewatch review because, that's not what they are:

The opening scene just sets up everything else so perfectly. Introduces pred/prey relations, Judy's dream, Zootopia itself...

As dry as Judy kept her iWhatever when flushed from Cliffside, they'll never be able to admit any of that recording in court anyway; they straight up got all that stuff without a warrant, which IS a thing definitely established to exist in this world.

And, exactly one more thing, which I can't remember right now. I'll put it here when I think of it, though. EDIT: Meowana, Adventure in the South Purrcific... is that an, actual place name, in the world of Zootopia? There's nothing wrong with having places named, right? I've seen the theory that it's the same continuity as Robin Hood shot down because it explicitly takes place in England (though really there are so many other reasons), but Lion King explicitly takes place in Africa (as established by Zazu during "I Just Can't Wait to be King") and nobody seems to have a problem with that taking place in the same continuity... "Sahara Square" is the name of a district, so, sure, why not have either? Life isn't some cartoon musical, is my reasoning-- so I don't think either are in the same canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment