Sunday, May 6, 2012

And Now, I Will Tell You About My Day Today

   Highlights of my day: looking fly in my Sunday Best, sunglasses, and cap; watching a robin sit on her eggs and watch me back; figuring out new techniques on drawing hands on the fly (since your models are unaware they're being drawn, you have to make it quick, so, on the fly) which maybe I'll share with you if I'm feeling generous one day; getting a couple of sweet new pairs of Air Jordans and looking the most "street" I've ever looked in my life, combined with my Sunday Best a sunglasses and hat to make me look like some kind of a street artist, like the kind you'd see on Wall Street or something; making a sweet François Hollande/Hollandaise sauce pun; eating some not-bad ice cream and then later a not-bad ice cream/yogurt smoothie; learning more about the ramifications of the Tet Offensive; realizing, during a pretty good hand of Pinochle, that I might want to be something of an amateur puppeteer since puppets rock (and sock puppets rock socks, do-ho-ho-ho-hoh); using my new kicks to not get hit by a car because I can run fast now.

   And now, finally, looking up more about puppets on the Muppet Wiki, which is easily in the top ten or even five percent of the most addicting wikis. Did you know that Jim Henson did a few Faygo advertisements back in the '50s? Freaking Faygo, man.

   Also, this exists:

Even if you don't speak French, I'm betting there's at least two words (besides the name of the newsmagazine, of course) that you recognize here. And let me tell you, man, I never expected I'd see them together like that. Even though I always sort of suspected that about Miss Piggy, but, never mind, that's crude. And also libel.
   Aren't you glad that I didn't actually say that out loud, though? It's not illegal if it's only implied libel. Totally first-amendment protected. It's right there in the constitution. At least metaphorically. Though I suppose how strongly you imply it matters. I only implied French cognates. It's not like I actually connected which two non-Paris Match words on the cover I suspected about Miss Piggy. I could have been saying I suspect her to be an Israeli sketch, for all you know. 

   Even though I totally wasn't. 

   You know what I mean.
   
   Well, I guess it's getting away from me now, so I think I'll end it he

No comments:

Post a Comment