Saturday, March 12, 2016

Con Report: Fandomonium I

   Fandomonium! was today. Although not spelled with an exclamation mark, I feel like it should be. (I'll take it up with Toben and Alaire...)

   BYU-I, Fandomonium[!], sort of a mini Comic-Con, except for free, and from 1:00-4:00, and although there's been Fan Faire and Anime Con here in the past, this is the first of the Fandomonium[!]s, (or Fandomonia[!] I suppose,) being a spiritual successor/combination of both.

   I took almost 400 photos of the event, and wanted to share with you, the best of the best. Top 1-ish%, here. There are loads of others I like, and even more that I like in spite of being blurry as heck, but I don't want to post a recognizable non-public face without permission (i.e., people from panels and booths are okay to post photographs of.) Which is most of them. Also I don't want to post up the blurry ones. 

   So cream of the crop it is then. Though you miss out on some of the cosplays.

   The event in question was 3 hours of nirvana. There were panels (3 different ones!), and video games (3 different consoles!) and also, a performance by the excellent Apollo A Cappella (like their Facebook page!)






   They performed the famous John Williams tribute medley. Jimmy, who is in it and sings tenor, plays the part of Luke: "I waaaas gonna go to Tosche/ statiiiiion for power converters..."

   There were also artist's booths (the videographer in the above photograph was such an artist.) Though you can't sell anything, this still being a school event, you can still give stuff away! I've got a tiny little Discord now hanging from my camera strap, from booth of said videographer.

   Cosplay was encouraged. I've never really cosplayed before, but I had to do something. Using duct tape and markers, and a blue t-shirt, and a white button up and all that-- not to mention the hair gel-- I Clark Kent'd myself. And, hey, am now officially an also-ran. (There was a, contest, for best costume there... yeah. Winners announced, also by Jimmy, but chosen by the attendees through secret ballot.)



   Spider-Man here came in third place in the cosplay contest ("hey everyone,") and won a random keychain deal of one of the characters from Attack on Titan. Pretend I know which one!

   Masks technically aren't allowed, this still being a school event, but I think Spider-Man gets a by. Because, Spider-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment