Tuesday, March 29, 2016

On, On Trying to Be Normal

   I'm not sure if any of you out there read Andrea's blog. Here it is. There's birds, if you're into that kind of thing. She put up a post a couple of days ago, here, where she talks about trying to fit in and freaking everyone out with her Asperger's and everything; I don't know, but that got me thinking, and I replied to the post with the following:
"I crave to be like everyone else and I almost always try to be normal..." Huh. That's interesting. Not that, but... 
 I've never given it much thought until now, whether I crave to be like everyone else, or try to be normal. I do try not to slouch, which is apparently my natural posture; I do try to breathe through my nose instead of my mouth; I look people in the eye, I think, I can never remember if I did or not after having a conversation which would probably mean that it's hopefully a habit by this point so it came as second nature without having to focus on it; but why are those things? Is it trying to be normal? Is it trying not to come across as spasticus autisticus? But I've never had trouble getting people to like me; I guess I'm just blessed. I just... I've never even had to try. I haven't tried. Do you think that might be the secret, just to be yourself? It's certainly what all the after-school specials taught (remember those?)... And up till now I've always been confused by that, because, no matter what you do, you're still yourself, and, how else would you act? but now maybe I think that it's all about not having to hide anything, what does it even mean to live a lie I don't even know, is there a difference between manners and morals when both come down to interacting with other people, but if they're the same then wouldn't it be a sin to be awkward, but where does awkwardness come from is it from trying to be someone else, or being too much of yourself, and are those even opposites and 
 AAARGH I SHOULD BE DOING HOMEWORK AND STUFF RIGHT NOW DRAT YOU ANDREA!!!
   That's really about it. I'll let that stand on its own. My homework I mention there is done, but I've got three things due tomorrow, and I want an early start in the morning, so I'm clocking out now.

   Once those three things are done, I've got no class on Thursday, it being a final test in Art History 202 that I'm exempt from taking because my grades are good enough already and you get your lowest test score dropped anyway, and Art 101 all that remains is the final test and final which are in the testing center.

   So, yeah, with nothing on Thursday, several major things due tomorrow, and my having been prevented from getting too much of a head start on anything because of the stuff due today, I just sure wish that some of the things tomorrow were due the day after instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment