Friday, March 25, 2016

My Love Life's a Pretty Bumped-Up Thing (Plus, Apollo A'Cappella, Plus Zootropolis Watch)

   There's a girl I've had a crush on from a distance for about a year now, but could never find on Facebook or Twitter or anything even when I tried to track down her friends to get to her, and othersuch creepy stalky behavior. Finally today, searching for only her last name to see if I could at least locate any family members, I found the reason why I could never find her! Sometime within the time I learned of her existence and started mad crushing, and when I started trying to track her down, she became a he, and he doesn't have a girl's name anymore...

   Every woman I've even loved has turned out to be either hopelessly out of my league, or a lesbian. And, scratch the "either" there-- it's, both, actually. Both hopelessly out of my league, and a lesbian. Every woman I've loved. All of them. Both of those things. But now this fellow, though yeah still out of my league, the other thing is certainly totally technically bucking the trend, which is interesting? I always knew I never had a chance with you anyway, predicting that you'd fall in line with the mathematical certitude of the rest of the luck I've had, and though that's mostly basically the case though this time in an unusual form, now that I've found you at least now I know you still exist...?

   Holding, though, that all my love interests have had that constant of homosexuality and classiness, I'm totally intrigued by the possibility that could salvage everything, the possibility that that propositional constant still remains true in spite of the other stuff, and, though my lady-interest is indeed a gentleman-interest, might be a gay one of those...

   That's kosher, right? I'mma pretty sure it's kosher...

   Meanwhile, with what we've got and what we can do, the dating scene here in Rexburg kind of sucks, because all the gals here are not only amazing but available. It's just so horrible for me...

   So, yeah, today was fantastic! I went to go see Zootopia again; I had lunch at Winger's Roadhouse Grill afterward which was ohhh my goodness; tonight's Apollo A'Cappella performance at Skizzy's blew my mind, and hey guess what I've been asked to design their logo (Apollo's, not Skizzy's, of course.)

   Skizzy's is a great place. It's so super chill, and hip, and friendly, and... just great. The gig was standing room only, out of necessity because the venue was a room with a stage and no chairs; the, foyery place, that was super cushy, like one of those botiquesque cafes, there were couches there to relax on.

The vision:
Skizzy's is the place to chill and make memories with new and old friends.
Kick back, relax, and be yourself.
Everyone is welcome here. Love one another. If not, get the bump out.

   Having pre-purchased my ticket online, not only did I get a dollar discount for the event but I also received complimentary popcorn. For the third time today. Popcorn at the movies; popcorn at Winger's; popcorn here. It was a great place to reflect on the series of events that had brought me to that moment.

   The series of events that caused me to catch Zootopia again, and the longer, more complex, and more unknowable life events that caused me to be interested in seeing it in the first place, all leading up to the first popcorn; the advertisement on the door of Winger's telling of signature burgers $9.99 for a limited time only, and how I'd eaten there previously in between some of my first Zootopia viewings on the 4th, leading to my second popcorn (Winger's has popcorn the way that 5 Guys' has peanuts and Mexican restaurants have salsa and tortilla chips); and now the series of events that led me to coming to Skizzy's today in the first place, all having to do with knowing one of the guys in Apollo.

   First day of Comic Book Workshop, I just happened to pass by the room on my way from my last class of the day, and just happened to team up to create a comic book with someone who wouldn't be able to do that. I got picked up by another team, who just happened to hear my plight and be there, becoming co-writer with Jimmy, who's a first tenor in Apollo A'Cappella, which was performing at a venue that has discounts and free popcorn for preorder of tickets. Complimentary popcorn number three.

   It's Jimmy's last semester here before he goes on a mission, but he's fantastic, and Apollo's fantastic, and you should like them on Facebook.

   I'm going over to his place tomorrow sometime (alongside a few others) to watch Citizen Kane with him; he's never seen it before, so I'm excited for him.

   I'm not angry at Batman anymore, though the number of people in line to go see Dawn of Justice was nigh-reminiscent to clowns piling out of a tiny car. It's a joke of a movie, but let people see it, and feel sorry for them. Their viewings don't negate the ticket sales of all the people who went to go see Zootopia instead today, which was still a lot.

ZOOTROPOLIS WATCH
   Eh hey, it's out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment