Friday, March 4, 2016

Go On... Guess What Today's Post is About

   Wednesday night all over again. I've seen every showing of Zootopia so far of theater number 4, toggling between 2D and 3D showings, and it's 9:55 right now, and the final showing of the nig-- hold on, yep, the final showing of the night in theater 4, 3D showing that starts at 10:20. Wednesday night, it was an easy task to head over to Paramount 5 to catch the showing of Hail, Caesar!, but tonight, well I was already driven home...

   I'd planned on catching those three showings, like I said, a 3D one and a 2D one and a 3D one, but... it was so good; I had to go for a second 2D showing, making up for the failed attempt at getting a girl into Antigone by inviting her to catch the 7:35 with me. She'd already gone, went to that 7:00 showing last night I'd failed to attend, and though she wanted to see it again she didn't want to have to pay... luckily the seats were disappearing at an alarming rate, and I bought two tickets when I bought my one when she expressed interest in going...

   I switch my phone off in the theater and when I'm sleeping, but another magical power I apparently have (aside from receiving free food, and stumbling across locations I exactly need to find) is to switch my phone on right when I'm about to receive a text-- and I almost never receive texts. I turn on my phone this morning, receive a new text five seconds later; stepping out of my second 3D viewing (having decided to catch a second 2D viewing as well) turning on my phone and soon receiving a text following up on that conversation (which itself was a sort of follow-up to some follow-up on Antigone,) putting me in a position to invite her to the 2D showing, buying the tickets in the middle of that conversation, when she expresses interest, getting two (seeing how quickly the seats are being bought up this time) and immediately afterward she realizes that she doesn't want to have to pay for a ticket...

   And so she came, driving where I had walked and arriving in time, and driving me home at the end.

   And so, with all those super powers going on, well I suppose they all aligned for me not to be catching the final 3D showing of the night... unless they were a test of faith, in my superpower of vampire speed, if I wanted it enough to rush all the way back, catch the final 3D showing, tying me in a single day between Zootopia and The Force Awakens viewings, and having all of theater 4's showings of the day, all of them so far (with last night's airing having been in theater 3) under my belt.

But it's 10:20 right now. And I'll miss it. And I'm okay with that, I guess, because I have to be. It's, psychological. Cognitive dissonance. Look it up.

   Wednesday night all over again, with the opposite decision made this time...

   Oh my gosh. So. Zootopia: greatest movie of all time, or greatest movie ever? All time, I'll say, because as everyone knows Josie and the Pussycats is the greatest movie ever.

   That's, super funny, if you've ever seen Josie and the Pussycats...

   Hmm, I'd thought that my super powers plopping me home sans third 3D viewing were so I could blog about Zootopia instead of watching Zootopia... but maybe they're so that I could, sleep, instead of watching Zootopia. Sounds reasonable...

   ...it's only Friday; why does it feel so much like Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment