Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The World Is Very Strange, and Wonderful, and I Weigh the Same as Seven Apples

   Apparently, if you Google too many suspicious phrases in a row, then Google thinks that you might be a robot, and asks you to read a CAPTCHA for it. I guess it makes sense, but it's kind of condescending, if you're the type to, Google a lot of suspicious phrases in a row...

   GOOGLE: "I weigh as much as a carrot?" You serious you want to Google that, bro? Here, spell the word, "spoldene." You know, just to be sure.
   ME: Okay.

The astute reader may note that the CAPTCHA above is not in fact "spoldene," which means that this thing happened to me more than once. Wee.

   I'm as tall as a carrot, that's it. No wonder I didn't get any (pertinent) hits. Of course I got hits unrelated to what I was searching for... There sure are a lot of really really specific websites out there... The World Carrot Museum; they're also on Twitter. That's actually kind of good to know...

   Ahem.

   Meanwhile, seriously who the heck weighs as much as seven apples? It just boggles the imagination... (Couldn't get any hits for that, either, though I swear I've heard that out there somewhere... well, it'll get a hit now, at least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment