Thursday, January 11, 2018

More ESports Stuff; I've Got Deeper Thoughts on a Lot of Things, But I'm Just Going to Write Those in My Diary Today, So You Can Have This Instead

Fuel vs Valiant tomorrow. Should be good. I missed all the Overwatch League matches today, but whatever; the teams I was rooting for won I guess. Not 100% thrilled that the New York Excelsior won against the Boston Uprising, not that I was rooting for Boston or anything-- but the Excelsior is the first team LA Valiant's going up against next week, so that should make that one double exciting.

I went to the library today and checked out for the second and third times respectively, Dan Wells's Ones and Zeroes and Bluescreen. The Mirador series (the third of which comes out in one month, so excited) may be about a teenage girl and her friends, which I generally wouldn't care for as a subject matter, but they're cyberpunk and awesome and by my favorite author, and I'm sure I've told you about them. The main character and her friends play this VR e-sport called Overworld, which got me into League of Legends and Overwatch in the first place, and rereading those scenes now, now that I know anything about how Overworld would work, it makes a lot more sense now. Makes the books even more appealing for me.

I played a game or two of Overwatch today, but I didn't of League. I feel I've gotten about as much out of it as I'm capable of getting right now. Rumble is still great, still feel a very strong affinity to him for multiple multiple reasons, but having mastery 7 on him... well for the first couple of games that was neat, having that and getting to show it off, but now it's kind of, I think that made me a little too proud, or something. The idea of getting such a high mastery made me kind of covetous, before I got it, and then getting it and just flaunting it strutting around like a peacock... I don't need that. I really am amazeballs at Rumble. But I really don't need that. 

I'm still probably going to play again ever. But I don't need to do so every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment