Wednesday, January 10, 2018

SO MUCH OVERWATCH STUFF

Okay, so yesterday's encounter with Alex turns out wasn't quite how I'd thought. HE'LL EXPLAIN IT ALL ON HIS BLOG I'M SURE.

Overwatch League began today. I'm voting for Los Angeles Valiant to go all the way. Really though only because they've got my brother's girlfriend's name in theirs, kind of. I'm no jingoist.

But these guys, all of them, they're playing on such a high level I didn't even know was possible. A high level, on every level. It's like, me as a casual gamer, I'm just scratching the surface, while they're sucking the marrow dry, and I didn't even know this thing had bones. Is that what it's like, watching professional league football or something? And playing football yourself, and knowing how skilled each of those players down there must be.

I can't tell you how much I'd give to be as good at, anything, as Terence "Soon" Tarlier is at Tracer. Or Widowmaker. Or McCree....

So I'd been going to put this in yesterday's post, but it wasn't really appropriate. There's this awesome video from this awesome webseries Extra Frames from the YouTube channel Extra Credits, which is a channel all about video game art and business and behind-the-scene stuff, with Extra Frames being specifically about animation, even going over the 12 Principles and illustrating each with one exemplary game per Principle. Highly recommended. Also, when they're not doing that, they just seem to love Overwatch's animation (but who doesn't?) This is their latest video, Overwatch character animation stuff, how to use animation to convey character even in an FPS:


EDIT: Extra Frames is now its own channel, New Frames Plus. Which is pretty sweet, but it would have been nice if they'd not gone and broken my precious links and embeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment