Saturday, January 6, 2018

Reports from the Drive Up, in Photos and Songs

We listened to music and I took photos and tried to stay awake so that I could in turn keep my driver awake, and I guess this is what a parent feels like, and why they don't get that much sleep, because it was something.

This video was loaded on my laptop after having watched it last night, meaning it was viewable even without an internet connection:



And then there's this. This came on the radio, and it was amazing and hilarious and, turns out it was a Schoolhouse Rock song which makes a lot of sense (DOLLARS and sense!):





Anywaaayy. The weather was beautiful on the way up, but that doesn't mean clear. It was full of rainblasts and fog, really really low cloud coverage. When the sky was clear, it was clear, and the sun was bright, and dispersed just right to be a dream to shoot in. I got 100 photos, and 7 videos. Just thought I'd select a few for you to check out.

This photo is out of focus, deliberately. Sort of an impressionist thing I guess; those hills were rooouund.


This photo is not color graded at all; the colors were really like that (and probably even more vivid, with that brush by the riverbank):


Looking at a rainbow, or the left half thereof:


Found the right half several miles later:


And I guess we should round this off. I don't know, maybe this one?:


Also sorta half-deliberately out of focus; it's not that so much as, the shutter speed was at a third of a second, to get the late evening lighting condition just right. The whole sky was covered in these low clouds, which scale you can't get from this one photo of course, but then there was this one even lower, like a baby whale.

So yeah teal deer, I guess we made it safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment