Thursday, January 18, 2018

One Week Up, More Future Resolutions

I'm faced with it every night as a resolution of something that I really do need to get on doing. Don't have a job, though $700ish did come in of Pell grant money; considering going on that art tour after all, instead of trying to nail down some internship for a graphic design position I don't even want. One of the things I need to accomplish, get on, not sure when applications for those tours open up, maybe ask someone about that.

That would allow me to graduate before this fall, which would mean I wouldn't have to do that portfolio capstone that art graduates after fall have to start doing. Nice.

But Brother Keller still has that in with LAIKA, and he said to hit him up around graduation season. I'm not sure what they'd be looking for, what kind of portfolio I'd need to assemble this semester; I mean I've poked around their job openings on their website and everything but I'm not sure if his connection would mean an automatic "in" or not, so that's what I need to figure out; seeing how the only place I've yet to apply for is Taco Bell, everywhere else not even getting back to me regarding my application, I think prospects look pretty grim outside of the LAIKA opportunity representing an insta-job, no matter how entry-level.

But they're based in Oregon, and so another resolution that I need to make is actually hitting the DMV up for once and actually scoring myself a driver's license or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment