Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Problem Defined, Yet with No Solution in Sight

Doing immensely ambitious and extremely creative projects for my classes isn't magically going to make me not suck at graphic design the way I do. I act like it will, nonetheless. 

I had scheduled it out for this summer to be the time when I finally start working on getting the basics down and get good, but I've got design classes this semester, before summer, so I... I don't know. It's a bit late (but never too late!) to get started. I was on the ball of things my first semester, my second semester too I think; it wasn't until I finished the prereq classes and, taking the more advanced classes, realized how bad I am, did I get worse, through being overly ambitious and getting far later behind than mere procrastination can account for. 

That's my working model, at least. 

Moral of the story: ambition is evil.

I can't get a BFA without applying for one and getting selected- I won't get selected without an impressive resume- I can't have an impressive resume without being good- I can't be good if I don't practice- and I can't practice with all this homework assigned me, and I won't practice unless it's homework assigned me, because I can't practice with all this homework assigned me. But if it's homework I'm only going to get ambitious about it. So it's like a catch-22 made out of stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment