Saturday, May 6, 2017

Oh, Zabivaka!

Been on a James Bond kick again- it happens. It happens even when I should be doing homework. Even when I've got huge projects due on Monday that I haven't been working on at all, it happens...

OHMSS is certainly something. That ending, man... Followed up by Diamonds Are Forever, a personal favorite of mine (because I have no shame, and seriously how could anyone top a moon rover car chase?), with Connery back in the saddle for one last canonical outing, which means that Lazenby's only Bond in, like, just the one I think? 

Hailing from the 1990s as I do (and I never thought that that would make me feel old but it does,) my Bond will always be Brosnan, but, that actually has nothing to do with anything and anyway...

I always think that the weekends will be a great place to catch up on homework, but then I get really fatigued and nap in the middle of the day, from 1:00-3:00, and still go around drowsy as if two straight hours wasn't enough- or maybe too much.

This is what I woke up from:

I dreamt that Zabivaka was a 00-style secret agent, getting caught up in ski chases and going through women like his personal supply of tissue paper and everything. Only the SPECTRE-like organization has developed a technology that eavesdrops on people mating, and so can tell when women are calling out the equivalent of "oh, James...!" but with Zabivaka's name instead, of course, and then boom they've got him dead to rights I guess, they'd know exactly where he is and can assassinate him Numbers 25:8 style. And soo so so soo Zabivaka enacts a complex gambit, becoming the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup mascot, which causes a bunch of erotic fanart to be made of him and turning him into a memetic sex god, and then the SPECTREy people can't tell whether the myriad people calling out Zabivaka's name in the throes of passion are actually with Zabivaka at the time or just fantasizing that they are.

Or at least, that's reading between the lines. The dream itself lasted maybe all of 5 seconds. But I extrapolated the gambits from there.

(Background for the uninitiated. Mild yiff ahoy. Natch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment