Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Vlog Up

Readings on web typography in my interaction design class seem to indicate that large type is dope, and needn't feel clunky or overwhelming so long as it's laid out properly. This is the size I usually type at. Isn't this much better? Come to think of it, here it is in Arial, which is the typeface I used to use, at the same size, which makes it the same font I used to use. Font is the typeface combined with its style: for example, right now I'm using like a 16 point Arial font (picas and points are another dang thing; just fancy typographers' measurements, is what you need to know.) Right now I'm using a 16-point oblique Helvetica font. Et cetera. 

Anyway I haven't blogged in a couple of days, as of this writing, because my computer's been slow as of late- may have had something to do with compiling the latest vlog. That took up a lot of processing power. And I had to do it like three times, because the headphones I used to mix the sound with were super loud, so I mixed the sound way too quiet the first couple of times. Turning up the volume, from the previously compiled file with the too-soft sound, resulted in a lot of background hissing, so the whole thing was one big mess, but at least you can hear anything and as far as things go I suppose I'm not terribly ashamed of the final outcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment