Monday, May 15, 2017

I Talk About PM:RPG a Bit More

When I first mentioned Planet Mercenary I was under the impression that it had already come out, because the Kickstarter campaign had certain dates estimated for completion and delivery- only there was this massive holdup as they wanted to perfect everything, so everything's only beginning to roll out now (even though a lot of the parts were already manufactured like a year ago apparently.) The rule book only started printing today, apparently, and, I'm still waiting for the PDF, but, any day now...

Also I mentioned how ingenious the roleplay system was, like an actual story is being told; I mentioned that as something the GM (or Game Chief as they're known in the PM:RPG) did but that's not accurate as much, I was going based off of what I could recall at the time. And it's true that the game chief does have a mechanic similar I guess to handing out XP, where they're called RiPP (role-playing points; the extra "i" comes from the one that's not in "team"), which you can spend to not die among other things, which is fun and relatively uniquely implemented, but, the unique fun story-telly part about it has more to do with the entire approach.

Which maybe I'll tell you about tomorrow; I wanted to get to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment