Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What Shall I Cry?

   Bibliomancy is the practice of fortunetelling by flipping open a book (especially the Bible) and reading the first thing that you see as if it were a fortune. Using the Bible to do this is considered blasphemy amongst certain congregations, so I do not necessarily condone it, for fear of your excommunication. Nevertheless.

   Today, I opened up the Bible to search for some good quotes (I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing with this collection of scriptures, but I know it's got something to do with Other//half) and I think I found a good one first try. Isaiah 40:6. Yeah, the "all flesh is grass" one.

   I'm glad I got a good scripture to deploy (as episode titles, maybe?). I'm also glad I wasn't bibliomancing when I did so.

No comments:

Post a Comment