Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Homemade EMP Device?

   Hmm, I've already posted about how these things scare the holy heckies out of me, and now I'm posting about hypothetically making one. Well, then. I guess I wouldn't share it if I thought that such a homemade device would actually work, so I guess I'll share it here.

   I've got a great idea on how to make an electromagnet, right at home. Perhaps something of this sort will be used in my ongoing Artificial Winter project, but that would kind of not work if it turns out that this doesn't work. It'd be unrealistic. But, we're talking about if it would work, so no more self-doubt.

   Alright, so, if it would be to work, it would work like this: simulate an electromagnetic wire using magnetic dust, as from, say, an Etch-a-Sketch. Spin this dust around really fast to simulate an electromagnetic coil, using, say, a vacuum cleaner. The Etch-a-Sketch dust whirls around in the center air chamber of the vacuum, which has been modified by removing the filter and stuff (of course) and with a core of soft iron or what have you installed in the center part. The coil whirls around the core, creating a magnetic field. The movement acts as a turbine, generating electricity, so the field is electromagnetic. Maybe the magnetic field could be built up gradually, by putting all of the Etch-a-Sketch filling on the ground and having the vacuum cleaner vacuum it all up, particle by particle. The dust gets sucked up, swirls around, builds up a magnetic field which disrupts any and all nearby (unprotected) electronics systems. The vacuum survives the magnetic field because science, that's why.

   Also, in research for this post, I stumbled across the hypothetical monopole, a particle that would have only one pole instead of both north and south. I already have an idea on how to make some kind of magneto-gravitational superlaser out of one...

No comments:

Post a Comment