Sunday, May 13, 2012

Professional Thinker

   I received a quarter rather than just the usual penny for a thought I had today. I guess my grandfather had just misheard about my "penny for your thoughts" project, but, it was my grandfather, so, what was I supposed to do about it?

   Anyway, the thought itself wasn't really that special. I was just mulling over whether or not to have some Mother's Day sweet potatoes. They say the more variety of foods available to you the more you eat, which makes sense. There wasn't really that much variety this mealtime around, but there was still like turkey and salad and all of the other MD family reunion mealtime stuff. I had even gotten some Jell-O, which I usually do not do, and you probably don't care. So, anyway, I had eaten much, but the sweet potatoes looked interesting, since they came with brown sugar, and I had never eaten sweet potatoes like that before.

   So, that was my $.25 thought, and I just shared it with you for free.

   I guess getting paid for my thought originally means that I'm a professional thinker. All of my hopes and dreams are achieved, I guess. Though not really. But I bet you're not a professional thinker. And I am. So, I'm a leg up on you. Probably.

2 comments:

  1. Not a lot of variety? There was more than you get at home with me: ham, pork roast (not turkey), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, vegetables, tossed salad, jello salad, rolls, pickles, olives, juices, 3 kinds of cake/brownies to go with 3 flavors of ice cream. But I love that you are a professional thinker now. I still owe you 6¢...or is it 7¢?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already gave me the first two cents, I think.

    ReplyDelete