Thursday, May 24, 2012

Now On the Last Day of Awake

   Kyle Killen is just really unlucky, isn't he? But, I'm willing to admit, I was one of the only people to have seen Lone Star when it first premiered, putting me in just 14.15% of the population according to viewership ratings data divided by U.S. census data. It was intriguing in a way that was vaguely intriguing, but the premise of the show set up an unresolvable conflict: how are they going to build an entire show around two women not knowing of the others' existence? This is why I think that that excellent Day Break show wasn't very popular. How would the show end? There's not much possibility in show direction, since it's all leading to one final point. Thus, people just sort of... avoid it.

   Well, our friend Mr. Killen also wrote the screenplay for the 2011 Summit Entertainment Mel Gibson/Jodie Foster/ratty old beaver puppet film The Beaver, which pulled off the nigh-impossible task of making people sort of respect Mel Gibson again... for about two months. (Well, I still respect Mel Gibson. In fact, I'm writing a part in The Artefact with him in mind. I hope he hasn't gotten himself killed by then. If he has... Hugh Jackman maybe?)

   Anyway, maybe Kyle Killen is just destined to be one of those geniuses not recognized in his own time. I hope not. I just hope one of his projects "sticks" next time. There are some people who deserve success.

No comments:

Post a Comment