Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You Know Who You Are

   Alright, surely you do more thinking than that. I haven't been able to say much lately as (1) I've been studying a lot for finals, (2)  I'm also spending a lot of time trying to troubleshoot my external drive, and (3) most of the ideas I've been having lately are more suited to be incorporated into my fiction and other projects than just blogging about them as their outlet into the world. Only even those ideas I have to keep in my head so far instead of getting them down somewhere, because of the whole my-external-driver's-been-crapping-out-on-me-lately thing. I did get it to work twice today, on one computer then another, by attaching the cord then the driver, but revisiting the first computer I got it to work again on, it didn't work again. So I think the problem might be with the port or something.

   But, even now, I have the time to blog more than a single sentence.

   For you, it might be some kind of hassle, yet you go through with it. You have an entire day's wealth of material from which to draw, blogging daily, and most of your lifetime's worth of experience outside of that. You don't think you could expand your thoughts, clarify them? Doing a daily blog, then saying just one thing each day. You might as well be doing a LiveJournal instead.

   Okay, maybe not LiveJournal.

   Yeah, LiveJournal.

   For that is a better fit for such pointillism of words. If you're going to say one thing about how you feel, you might as well also tell us what's on your playlist as well right now as well. If you don't want to go through with this, you don't have to.

   Sometimes even I wish I didn't have to go through with a new post every day, but, keeping up this promise I made to myself to blog daily, it's made me a more productive person. Maybe "productive" isn't the right word. It's not like I work more all that much. But, it's given me structure. And writing a little bit every day has made me more prolific than I've ever been before, because writing comes more easily now. I'm doing better in school. Actually studying now, I mean (see point 1.)

   You have something to say. I want to see that.

   And also maybe art.

No comments:

Post a Comment