Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall TV: Co... Re... Man, I Don't Know

   There's another debate tonight, but since it's not yet I can't offer any, like, satire or whatever on it. And I guess I really don't have another show to talk about here, not only after everything paled in comparison after all the awesomeness that transpired to be ARROW, I guess, but also because there's not really anything else to talk about. Except...

   Taking responsibility for my own actions. I do do that, though. Like blogging in the first place. A daily web log as a test to show to myself that I can at least take responsibility, responsibility enough to have a daily web log. Which is... frankly not as impressive-sounding a responsibility as I thought it would be. Maybe I just phrased that wrong. Hold on.

   There are still a lot of things I could have stood to be more responsible with (the Killers episode springs to mind) and I'm trying to make the next conjunction here be not "but." ... I can't. I still don't know how it's going to turn out, or whether or not it's going to be just another crappy indie film. I don't think it will be, but I also think that making a movie look good onscreen has a lot to do with lighting and direction of actors so that they actually look good. We had good enough equipment to do that, but I still don't know. I don't even know what's going on, as I've got little investment in the project anymore. I could have at least done something, though, but I guess that's the thing- I don't know what's going on, so it would be out of my position to act on anything. So, I didn't act, which saves me embarrassment at the cost of regret. This is a learning experience, then? I'd rather live in regret than live in shame?

   But, I'm glad that I've tried and failed in other areas. Or, at least glad that I've failed. The stuff I've shipped off to publishers was quite frankly terrible and I'm glad that I've had more time to not only realize this but also (hopefully) get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment