Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Manchildren!

   Another review of the brony fandom, yesterday in HuffPo. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-broverman/bronies-my-little-pony_b_2005566.html Nothing much you don't see elsewhere, but I guess it's a good sign that this is still going on. Absolutely bizarre David E. Kelley moment, there, though (David E. Kelley, that's it! Not Revenge creator Mike Kelly.) It's all, "oh, yeah, bronies are great; it's all about the community, not like those bullies over at Fox News." A paraphrase, of course, but I think I sufficiently captured the spirit of the jab. Seriously.... what the hay? 

   THE QUESTION: I know, a lot of the backlash seems to revolve entirely around the Red Eye report on BroNYCon, (I had covered this before, but apparently it's not just Q who thinks so) but I don't think that's what happened here in this instance- I just think Joe Kilmartin is a member of the 99% (that somehow makes sense.) Alright, maybe not. He's a Canadian comic-book store manager (with an adorably pear-shaped head (link opens in new window)) and his only exposure to Red Eye is through bitter bronies who can't take a joke. I've reviewed that episode over and over, and I really can't see it. Is it the "if you can call them that?" That's the only thing even vaguely close to negative that I can see. Greg says that about- well, everyone. Noted Brony Andrew W. K. is a semi-regular guest on that show, for crying out loud. Hold on, gonna do a bit more research now.

   THE ANSWER: I've really got no idea.

   Are they... are they looking at the same video? Well, yes, they are, because it's delineated quite clearly right there, but...

   Okay, there was a FOX affiliate (a-filly-ate?)- affiliate, mind you (FOX 2 St. Louis)- whose news program had a year before ran a story about people who stay home to collect disability paychecks, and they kind of implicated Bronies in that, but, if you get those two mixed up, I really don't know what to do with you.

   Also, there's this, but it's counteracted by not being negative and instead being freaking funny:
http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_294_the-18-most-viral-photos-next-12-months_p18/#8

No comments:

Post a Comment