Monday, October 29, 2012

Groceries: The Budgeting!

   Wow. Budgeting is a real word. I mean, the spelling checker didn't flag it. I just made it up to sound, you know, horror show (and horror show, I guess,) but, nope, it's real. Who knew?

   I've got to get used to going on $40 a week food budget. Which means that when I'm shopping for the week, I've only got $40 to spend. Which means that I've got to get a $40 shopping list. So that I can shop. For $40.

  • Crescent rolls
  • Bread
  • Eggs
  • Sure why not Waffles
  • Bananas
  • Yogurt
  • I'll have to buy my own milk, won't I?

   Whooo. I'm, uh, not sure how much that would be. Average each item out to, say, $5, that'd be seven items, times five would be $35. That's, hm, under $40. Maybe I can save up enough over the weeks to be able to buy Hot Pockets or something. I really don't know how much that would cost. Which is kind of the point of this exercise. I'm going to have to do some baking, as well? All of this is breakfast food. Though I kind of intended the bread for lunch. Meh, I can make my own waffles.

   Yup, living the good life. But, you know, it's good for me.

   Also, what is the deal with Facebook right now? I mean, what's going on there? That's more of a real-world model. Not everyone can see it, until you do some promotion of it. Which is weird. The opposite of an information-disseminated, real-time internet model, where everyone can see it. But it's on the internet. Are they- still doing that? Is that still going on? I don't know anymore. Nor do I know what this has to do with the rest of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment