Sunday, October 7, 2012

Science Happens

   When this gets posted at 8:30 (but not necessarily as I'm writing this; remember I have to write this before I post it) there's five hours to meet the funding by the deadline in the Kickstarter campaign. Five hours. Unless Dave swoops in in the eleventh hour and funds the rest of it himself (which would make sense, and I think that was his plan all along), it means that we failed to receive adequate funding. This isn't panic, though.

   I realized something last night.  There was nothing I could do. Aside from publicizing it, which is what I did in my capacity. I was worrying a lot earlier, but it was out of my hands and I was just worrying needlessly. Insofar as I actually did anything about it, at least. And besides, I kind of was and still am just morbidly curious as to what would happen should we fail.

   This reaction explains a lot of politics. I think the reason the race is so close is because we want to see what will happen. To the moderates, it's a DIYDDIYD situation (people abbreviate that, right?) Everyone else is voting for the other team, because this election is so allegedly crucial and both sides know that it will be an absolute screwball if their guy loses. Which would be fun to watch. Maybe not on any conscious level, but a lot of people just want to watch it all burn down. Abandon higher rational thinking. We just want to see that train wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment